Sunday, December 9, 2007

Shaimen Island


The Garden Hotel Lobby


Shopping Mall


Ready to shop


Pushing one of the babies


New dress




Notice the fashion statement shoes. They light up!!

Today we went to Shaimen Island for visa passports for the babies and shopping (yeah). There was a large group of us as all of the families went together. Shaimen Island is part of Guangzhou, but is seperated by a canal and a river. It is a popular place for shopping and many American families go there.

After the photos, we went to the mall that houses the jade and pearl market (and thousands of other gemstones) and clothing. I have never seen so many beads of jewels in my life. Strands and strands of them at every booth. We (I should say I) did buy a few clothes for Nina, including a couple of traditional chinese outfits, and a few other things. We will return to Shaimen Island tomorrow to shop in a different part of town. We do have a medical examination for all of the babies in the morning, which is required of all US immigrants, and will all have lunch at a restaurant nearby, but will also have a few hours to shop on our own. It will be a long day, especially for the children.

We took a few photos of Nina in her new outfit when we got back. We will also take a group photo of all the babies tomorrow, but we couldn't wait!

4 comments:

Range Rover! said...

you have all had a busy time I bet you will be glad to get back to Montana Nina is doing just fine I knew she would I have had allot of trouble trying to get a minute to write you know my family always on the computer. I hope you all have a safe journey home Nina will be glad to be able to settle in her own room.I won't be able to meet you at the airport I am leaving for N.H. Saturday all by myself.. I am happy to be going but wish i could have been going to Montana that will certainly be my next priority We will be calling next Sunday to make sure everyone is doing well. A big HUG to all of you. Safe Travels love Amy

Amy and Derek said...

Aunt Joanna, Uncle Tim, Cousin Nina,

It looks like you are having quite the journey and adventure out in China. It's good to see everyone doing well, and I bet you will all be glad to get back home soon. Nina is a very cute young girl. I hope she will get used to the Montana atmosphere without much trouble. Does Nina speak? English or Chinese? I hope I get to meet my new cousin very soon.

Take care and have a safe trip home.

Love,
Derek

Mom and Dad said...

Hey, Shopping is always fun. What sights you are seeing! This is a memorable trip in so many ways. So glad you have Nina. And the picture of her laughing is precious. Look forward to meeting her. Talk soon... Love...Mom

Cheryl_MSU said...

I love the traditional dress!